Monday 8 March 2010

For WitM

Some flowers for you.
Just to tide you over until yours appear.

I love snowdrops.
They are so delicate and yet incredibly tough. They appear to withstand almost anything nature can throw at them, and seed themselves with total abandon. The ground is rock solid at the moment, yet here they are.

This variety with its pretty green frilly edging is my favourite. I can never have too many.
They last and last until the daffodils appear.

But judging from this little lot, they are going to be late this year. I hope there will be at least a few in bloom by R's birthday later this month.

Have a nice day!

2 comments:

  1. J - What a wonderfully lovely and thoughtful gesture to send me these flowers! I am inspired by how hardy and prolific they are, even under adversity. I think I will search for a knitting or crochet pattern to make a bunch of snowdrops for my home - these little drops of beauty will become my new symbol of hope for the future, like we all have hope for the new spring.

    Thank you - I am genuinely touched and this is making my day, which is very foggy and rainy here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I wish we had snowdrops here. They are just what the soul needs after a long winter.

    ReplyDelete