Tuesday 1 September 2009

Nervous and excited

I'm off to Brittany on my holidays this evening!
Some good friends have been nagging me to go away with them all year and I finally gave in and agreed. Now the moment has come around, I am really looking forward to it. We have booked a lovely little apartment in Dinan, a small mediaeval town not far from the sea. It is still warm at this time of year. The seafood and game seasons have started, so this will be a great time to be eating out in France. I am looking forward to simply relaxing and just clearing my mind of a lot of the issues that have been bothering me lately.

It's the first time I've been away for more than a weekend since R died and I am racking my brains trying to think of all the things that were his job to sort out before we went.
But I know that the animal-sitter is booked, I have my passport, credit cards and clean underwear, so anything else is just details.

Now if only the weather forecast didn't predict howling gales at roughly the moment we drive onto the ferry!

4 comments:

  1. i hope you have a lovely vacation. enjoy and take lots of photos. you deserve a nice long break. will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful time, enjoy the company and the food. Howl in the shower if you need to :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your trip sounds fun, restful and interesting. The food aspect seems pretty nice too! I look forward to hearing all that you do and if the trip helps restore your spirit and clear away some of those cobwebs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up reading--I hope that you had a GREAT get away!

    Lynette

    ReplyDelete